Thursday, June 11, 2015

1st 2 nights will be Baton Rouge and San Antonio



We were going to try to get coast to coast in four days - it's a 40 hour journey so it's doable. But we sure wouldn't see much doing that...and we may burn ourselves out.

Although our Itinerary Includes Grand Canyon, Lake Havasu, Yosemite, San Francisco and Denver we first have to get to LA and then Mammoth Lakes for a week.

So instead we are stopping more often and taking 5 days to get to the Long Beach/Los Angeles area.

The first stop we are making after 9 hours of driving is to a regional park called Farr Park Equestrian Center and RV campground in Baton Rouge or Red Stick as Mike calls it.

It doesn't really have amenities other than hookups to water and electric and is only $20/night.  It has stables and horseback riding -something I have been promising Jamie for ages AND it's on the banks of the Great Mississippi River!

So Jamie and I will be riding horses that next morning while Mike is packing up the RV to head out to our second stop in San Antonio Texas to a KOA which will take us 7 hours or so. Now I was counting on this one to have pool and all amenities including WIFI but some of the reviews are complaining about the spotty Wifi which will annoy me. I just may send an email ahead stressing we need a strong signal.

After all I will need to be handling my Real estate business while on the road so I need some Wifi probably more often than not. We may just have to invest in some extra phone power somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment